Protecting Your Future Financial Security

The emotional turmoil of divorce can be all-encompassing. You need a divorce lawyer who will pay serious attention to your financial future. If you anticipate spousal maintenance (also called alimony) issues, you need the facts and a strong legal advocate watching out for you.

The attorneys at the firm of Gagne McChrystal De Lorenzo & Burghardt have years of experience advocating in divorce proceedings for those who receive, as well as for those who pay, alimony/spousal maintenance. A skilled alimony lawyer will provide special attention to your finances, find creative options and help you through every stage of the alimony process.

Guidance For Spousal Maintenance Concerns

All spousal support/alimony orders are not the same. Wisconsin statutes require that the family court evaluate a number of factors when issuing maintenance orders. These orders can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances of each case. Whether or not you will receive or pay support, how much you will receive or pay it, and how long you will receive or pay it are dependent on many factors such as:

  • Current financial circumstances of the parties
  • Financial history of the marriage
  • Your and your spouse’s earning potential
  • Length of the marriage
  • Diligent preparation of a strong case to render fair maintenance payments; this may include mediation, negotiation or litigation

Our skilled divorce attorneys have experience with numerous alimony cases, as well as division of property. We will work tirelessly to help obtain the best outcome for your case.

Schedule A Consultation With An Experienced Alimony Attorney

Most people are unfamiliar with how spousal maintenance is determined, and the analysis can be complicated. Our legal advocates can explain how the system works and advocate on your behalf. Call us at our office to set up an initial consultation at 414-273-5551 or tell us your legal issue online. We serve clients in and around Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, Washington and Ozaukee counties.