Martin P. Gagne
- Of Counsel
For more than 35 years, Marty Gagne practiced Family Law exclusively, including complex financial and custody cases. His experience included dealing with the valuation of closely-held businesses, stock options, executive compensation, employee benefits, trusts and gifted and inherited property. He represented parents in local, interstate and international child custody disputes. As a family law attorney, he offered cooperative divorce and collaborative divorce as well as traditional divorce (with or without litigation). Mr. Gagne also mediated dozens of Family Law cases since 1990. He practiced throughout southeastern Wisconsin, including Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan, Racine and Manitowoc Counties.
Mr. Gagne was selected a Wisconsin Super Lawyer in the area of Family Law every year from 2005 to 2019; that publication selected him as one of the Top 50 Lawyers in Wisconsin and one of the Top 25 Lawyers in Milwaukee in 2018. He was AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was listed in that publication's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers from 2005 to 2019. He was also named in The Best Lawyers in America every year from 2008-2019; he was selected as Best Lawyers in America 2018 Lawyer of the Year in the Area of Family Law in Milwaukee. He presented at seminars and classes to judges, court commissioners, attorneys, law students, mental health professionals, and community members on various Family Law issues.
Mr. Gagne was a Court Commissioner and former member of the State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors. He was formerly Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Family Law Section of the Milwaukee Bar Association, a former member of the Board of Directors of the Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc., and was a member of the Leander J. Foley Matrimonial Inns of Court, Milwaukee Bar Association and the State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section.
Mr. Gagne is a 1978 graduate of Clark University and a 1981 cum laude graduate of Boston University Law School.
Areas Of Practice
- Legal Separation
- Custody & Placement
- Child Support
- Third Party Visitation
- Child Relocation
- Prenuptial Agreements/Property Agreements
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: cum laude
- Clark University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Board of Governors, 2014 to 2017
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Board of Directors, Former Chairperson
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc., Board of Directors
- Leander J. Foley Matrimonial Inns of Court
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer, Family Law
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer Top 50 Lawyers in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer Top 25 Lawyers in Milwaukee
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Lawyer of the Year – Family Law, Milwaukee
Classes and Seminars
- Presenter, Family Law Issues