Katherine J. De Lorenzo
Attorney Katherine Jochman De Lorenzo is a partner with the Gagne McChrystal De Lorenzo & Burghardt law firm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A top-rated attorney with nearly 15 years of legal experience, Ms. De Lorenzo focuses her practice exclusively on family law, and she provides exceptional representation to clients throughout Milwaukee and across the state who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
As an attorney, Ms. De Lorenzo strives to provide the highest level of counsel and support possible through experienced, dedicated, and compassionate advocacy. Well-versed in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques, she prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements on child custody and support, property division, spousal maintenance, and other related matters without having to resort to costly, stressful, and adversarial court proceedings.
A staunch advocate for her clients and their children, Ms. De Lorenzo routinely serves as guardian ad litem in contentious child custody cases, and she has extensive experience assisting with paternity actions and fighting for the rights and interests of parents. Whether inside or outside of the courtroom, she maintains an unwavering focus on her clients' needs and goals, and she aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes to help them face this new chapter in their lives with confidence.
A 1995 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison with degrees in psychology and women's studies, Ms. De Lorenzo obtained her Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School in 2007. While there, she volunteered with the Task Force on Family Violence and then participated in the International Chamber of Commerce Commercial Mediation Competition and the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Competition.
Highly active in her legal community, Ms. De Lorenzo is a member of the Waukesha County and Milwaukee Bar associations, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the American Bar Association, and the Divorce Cooperation Institute. She is also a member of the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin and the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association as well as the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
Areas Of Practice
- Legal Separation
- Custody & Placement
- Child Support
- Third Party Visitation
- Child Relocation
- Wisconsin, 2007
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Task Force on Family Violence, Volunteer
- Honors: International Chamber of Commerce Commercial Mediation Competition, Participant
- Honors: American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Competition, Participant
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Women’s Studies
- Major: Social Science
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Super Lawyers
- Top 25 Women Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Marquette University Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Waukesha County Legal Clinic