Attorney Katherine J. De Lorenzo focuses her Milwaukee, WI practice on family law matters. She represents clients in paternity, divorce and legal separation actions and accepts judicial Guardian ad Litem appointments. As a family law attorney, she is qualified to address issues of property division, child custody and placement, child and family support, maintenance and domestic violence. Ms. De Lorenzo is also well versed in the various methods of alternative dispute resolution available to her clients.
Attorney De Lorenzo provides each of her clients with experience, dedication, advocacy and compassion. She works to resolve each case efficiently and respectfully, always keeping her client’s best interests at the forefront.
Family law attorney De Lorenzo graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1995, receiving dual bachelor of arts degrees in Psychology and Women’s Studies. Ms. De Lorenzo spent the next ten years gaining invaluable legal work experience, first as a family law paralegal and then as an intellectual property paralegal.
In 2007, she graduated from Marquette University Law School . While attending law school, Ms. De Lorenzo volunteered for the Task Force on Family Violence restraining order clinic and became trained as a small claims mediator. Her interest in dispute resolution was enhanced by participation in several mediation competitions, including the International Chamber of Commerce Commercial Mediation competition in Paris, France and the American Bar Association Representation in Mediation competition in Washington D.C.
Ms. De Lorenzo is a member of the American Bar Association, State Bar of Wisconsin, the Justinian Society of Lawyers, the Divorce Cooperation Institute, the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, and the Milwaukee and Waukesha County Bar Associations.
Ms. De Lorenzo was voted a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. She was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2013 and 2014.
Areas Of Practice
- Legal Separation
- Custody & Placement
- Child Support
- Third Party Visitation
- Child Relocation
- Wisconsin, 2007
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Task Force on Family Violence, Volunteer
- Honors: International Chamber of Commerce Commercial Mediation Competition, Participant
- Honors: American Bar Association Representation in Mediation Competition, Participant
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Women’s Studies
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Member
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Member